Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordanramras
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011

Apparently I downvoted an answer last night when I intended to upvote it. The only thing I can think is that I may have followed a link, then backed up to the page and voted (or attempted to vote) before my browser fully compiled the math on the page, so that my click registered in a different place than I intended (the compilation causes a small vertical shift in the view, which on the page in questions is of about the distance between the downvote and upvote buttons...). Now the system tells me my vote is too old to change, unless the answer is edited. I feel a little odd editing the answer just to remove my downvote. Is there a better way to remove my downvote?

It seems very unlikely that there is a better answer than just editing the question in some insubstantial way. You should just do that.

• CommentAuthordanramras
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011

Okay, done.
    I am having trouble with removing an accidental (up)vote. The question is new. When I click the downvote button to try to remove my upvote, it removes two votes, and I can't seem to 'abstain'. It's not that I don't like the question, just that I have no idea what it is about and therefore my misplaced vote seems... misplaced. Is there another way to remove it?
    • CommentAuthorEmil J
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012

Try clicking the upvote button instead of the downvote button.
    When I read your reply, I thought of course I've tried something as simple as... oh. Thanks. I'll slink away in shame...